WILDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATES CRICKET LEAGUE
JULY 2022 COMMITTEE MEETING
AN UNUSUALLY LENGTHY MEETING FINALISING ISSUES RELATING TO THE 2022 SEASON AND PREPARING THE WAY FOR SEASON 2023 BEARING IN MIND THE SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS, CONCERNS OF MEMBER TEAMS
APOLOGIES FROM DOM, TOM, CHRIS, ALEX
PRESENT NIC, GEOFF, HOWARD, MARK
2022 FINALS 20/7, 17/8, 24/8
VENUES, UMPIRES AND OFFICIALS WERE ALL CONFIRMED. OUR THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED
2022 SOCIAL MEDIA IS UP AND RUNNING PLEASE USE AND PROMOTE THIS TOOL.
2022 PLAY CRICKET IS UP AND RUNNING AND OFFERS UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION. TO COMPLETE THIS PICTURE REQUIRES THE REMAINING COUPLE OF TEAMS TO LIAISE WITH TOM TO UNDERSTAND OR FIND A WAY AROUND THE IMPASS.
2022 PRESENTATION EVENING BASICALLY AS PER 2021. GUESTS SPEAKERS ARE BECOMING MORE DIFFICULT AND MORE EXPENSIVE TO OBTAIN. TOKENS AND FOOD AS LAST YEAR. WE ARE ASSESSING OUR TROPHY “STOCK” TO SEE AS WE HAVE FUNDS WHETHER WE CAN STANDARDISE THE TROPHIES, CUPS, PLATE AND SHIELDS WHERE APPROPRIATE. OBTAINING SPONSORS TO PARTIALLY COVER AN EXPENSES.
ARE YOU IN AGREEMENT TO THIS MOVE?
NOW THAT WE RECORD WINNERS ON WEBSITE ONCE THE TROPHY HAS BEEN ENGRAVE WITH IT’S NAME (e.g. Senior Cup sponsored by …..) SHALL WE REPLACE THE ANNUAL ENGRAVING OF THE WINNERS NAME WITH A PROFESSIONAL PRINTED A4 CERTIFICATE WHICH TEAMS CAN FRAME AND DISPLAY AS REQUIRED?
2022 SEASON HAS RUN SMOOTHLY ON THE WHOLE THANK YOU
GEOFF GILBERT IS STEPPING DOWN AT THE AGM, OUR THANKS TO HIM FOR HIS PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TO THIS LEAGUE IN MANY CAPACITIES OVER A NUMBER OF YEARS.
WE HAVE IN PLACE SUBJECT TO ELECTIONS THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEE POSTS FILLED
CHAIR, SECRETARY, TREASURER, SOCIAL MEDIA ORGANISER, PLAY CRICKET SECRETARY, WEBSITE COORDINATOR, LEGAL CONSULTANT,
WE WOULD LIKE TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSTS
WELFARE OFFICER requires the usual check and some online training (any training costs met by league). Mostly a figure head. Someone fulfilling this role for their club would be ideal
SPONSORSHIP MANAGER collecting sponsors for the handbook and various trophies
UMPIRE ADMINISTRATOR the umpires are matched to fixtures at the beginning of the season this person sorts out any vacancies etc which occur during the season spreading the limited supply of umpires across the league’s fixtures.
RULE CHANGES OR AMENDMENTS in no particular order
- Umpires in attendance cancelled match fee. This is currently £3. The proposal is to increase this to a standard flat rate £8. Hopefully this will be little used.
- All registrations payable by the AGM are to be made by Banker’s transfer. An invoice to this effect will be forwarded to all teams one month prior. Failure in this respect will attract a monthly fine of £10.
- The league shall consist of 16 teams in two leagues of 8. No registrations will be accepted after 31/12. Invitations will be forwarded to teams not currently in the league who have previously expressed an interest
- Once the season fixtures pattern is established, clubs are asked to book and reserve grounds for the cup dates as well as the league fixtures, until such times as they are informed that these dates are no longer required.
- It is becoming increasingly difficult to match certain neutral grounds for finals with our league programme. The suggest is that teams reaching the finals decide between them who shall be the home team (toss of a coin if necessary). The home team bears the cost but can developed the evening as a social event benefitting from the bar sales. This saves league funds which can be used elsewhere.
- An honorarium of £100 is to be offered to the chairman to cover his out-of-pocket expenses during a season covering time, travel, communication, etc
- Leg side wide rule to be replaced by umpire to determine whether a ball down the leg side is a wide
- There should be a free hit for a no ball
- The meetings to move to the first TUESDAY OF THE MONTH STARTING AT 7 pm
- The number of handbooks produced should reflect the need as many teams now consult online.
- Relegation and promotion are to stand subject to the usual consultation regarding special issues.
- THE 10×10 RULES ARE TO BE MODIFIED. BOWLERS MAXIMUM OF 2 OVERS. NO RETIREMENT FOR BATSMEN
Funds are healthy at present. This is partly due to Covid. The league relies heavily on one sponsor. Should this cease, this league would be financially troubled the following season.